Welcome to pylightxl documentation¶
- Zero non-standard library dependencies
No compatibility/version control issues.
- Light-weight single source code file that supports both Python3 and Python2.7.18.
Single source files that can easily be copied directly into a project for true zero-dependency.
Great for those that have installation/download restrictions.
In addition the library’s size and zero dependency makes this library pyinstaller compilation small and easy!
- 100% test-driven development for highest reliability/maintainability with 100% coverage on all supported versions
- API aimed to be user friendly and intuitive. Structure: database > worksheet > indexing
High-Level Feature Summary¶
- Read excel files (
.xlsm), all sheets or selective few for speed/memory management
- Index cell data by row/col number or address
- Calling an entire row/col of data returns an easy to use list output:
- Worksheet data size is consistent for each row/col. Any data that is empty will return a ‘’ (default empty cell can be updated)
- Write to existing or now spreadsheets
Although every effort was made to support a variety of users, the following limitations should be read carefully:
- Does not support
.xlsfiles (Microsoft Excel 2003 and older files)
- Writer does not support anything other than cell data (no graphs, images, macros, formatting)
- Does not support worksheet cell data more than 536,870,912 cells (32-bit list limitation)
- 1. Installation
- 2. Quick Start Guide
- 3. Source Code Documentation
- 4. Example Solutions
- 5. Revision Log
- 5.1. pypi version 1.51 (in-work)
- 5.2. pypi version 1.50
- 5.3. pypi version 1.49
- 5.4. pypi version 1.48
- 5.5. pypi version 1.47
- 5.6. pypi version 1.46
- 5.7. pypi version 1.45
- 5.8. pypi version 1.44
- 5.9. pypi version 1.43
- 5.10. pypi version 1.42
- 5.11. pypi version 1.41
- 5.12. pypi version 1.3
- 5.13. pypi version 1.2
- 5.14. pypi version 1.1
- 6. License